Sometimes I need to re-read something to be sure I’m totally pervaded by it. Keeping them handy on this blog seems a good idea.
Fundamental XP values
- code with simplicity
- always refactor
- use standards
- adopt common vocabulary with customer
- use test-driven-developments (TDD)
- enjoy pair-programming
- use collective code property
- run continuous integration
- add a customer in the dev. team
- play the planning game
- release often
- work reasonably (avoid overburning)
My 2 cents
All of this seems so much “ common-sense ” or “ good-sense ” that I feel all these words are already overused. Perhaps I’ve just been trying to do all of these to make my work better. Still, there are 2 points on which I can improve, speaking of Licorn® and My Licorn : TDD and continuous integration (FR).